Saturday, September 30, 2006

Instrument panel lights go out on 1999 Toyota Camry with 3.0L engine: no engine code

Question:

I have an intermittent problem on my dash panel lights. It goes out from time to time and when it does, the power window also won't work. Everytime this happens, I have to change the panel fuse under the left side of the dash. There is no code when I had it scanned. How do I check this?
ATS Advisor:

If you open up your rear trunk; on the left side hinge, you will see a wiring harness that supplies ground to your lights including the power windows and dash panel. Take the wiring harness loom apart and check the wires. Most of the time, some of these wires will brake causing this problem. This is very common on these models.

ATS Tips:

If you use the ATS wiring diagram, you can see clearly the composition of that wiring harness and the colors of the wires used for grounding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home