Sunday, September 10, 2006

Speedometer not working on 2000 Subaru Legacy: NO codes

Question:

I have replaced the speed sensor of the speedo system located in the transaxle because the speedometer won't work. When ordering the speed sensor, I used the original equipment (OEM) from the dealer. After the replacement, the speedo works for a week but started to quit intermittently. Did I get a defective sensor? How do I know?

ATS Adviser:

If you used the wrong part, your speedo will probably won't work on day 1 but since you got it working for a week, most likely it is OK. If it is acting up again, try checking for loose connections that might cause this problem. However, if the symptom continues, consider replacing the speedo head. This head is known to fail often and if you call the dealer, they stock it all the time.

Note:

For more detailed instruction for the replacement/testing of the speedo head, please contact ATS.

2 Comments:

Blogger SubarusOnly said...

How do I contact ATS? I can't locate the website, or any contact info. I'd like detailed instructions on how to replace the speedo head on my 99 Subaru legacy wagon.

Thanks

8:33 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

How to contact ATS for your Subaru?

If you go to the main page of this blog, you will see a ATS banner on the right side navigational side bar. Click on it and you will find it. If not, let me know and I will give you the direct link.

Thanks!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home