Wednesday, October 04, 2006

No start on 1995 Honda Accord with 2.2L engine: No engine code




Question:

I have no start on this car and when I checked it, I had fuel at the injectors but has no spark. I suspect my distributor is bad but it is expensive, how do I check it?

ATS Advisor:

If you check your distributor wires, check the yellow green wire. This wire comes from your distributor module called igniter. With key on, there must be 9 volts reading on it. The way it works, the module sends this signal voltage to the engine computer (ecm) and then the computer sends ground to the igniter to fire the coil. You can actually do this manually: Turn key on, disconnect the yellow green wire and briefly touch the igniter with a jumper wire from a ground connection. You should see a spark generated at the coil.

ATS Tips:

If you have less than 7 volts in the igniter, the ecm will likely not send ground to it. (bad igniter or poor ground connection).

Make sure the connection between igniter and ecm is not open (broken)

Bad spark plugs and wires usually take out the igniter.

If you can afford it, replace the ignition coil also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home